Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Very dull post. Very. Dull. With pictures.

Today was a looooooooooooong day. Not an unpleasant one but certainly one of those that has you checking the battery in the clock, in fact on wednesday H had one of those days and actually DID take the clock off the wall and began to change it because NO it CAN'T be only 4.30 in the afternoon, shut up. Today was my day for one of those.
I woke up at 7am when I had only gone to sleep at 3 and that was the beginning of how it all went.
What a lot we did though in this extraordinarily long day.
By 9am we had cleared the dog pooh/ Satan/ garden room, H laid the NEW CARPET that smells like NEW carpet, AND THEN i FRU FRUED AND ( WHO HIT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON? dARNED FAT FINGERS!!) Anyway I played and twiddled and made it the CRAFT/ READING room, how bloody marvellous.
I love freecycle, lovely 7ft cream coloured couch, some cushions from the recycle center and new covers from my favourite curtain shop that sells great stuff for next to nothing ( don't you just LOVE shops that have a stack of bins outside filled with 4 for a £1 bits in and baskets with ribbon for pennies? I love this place and they love me because I go in there at least twice a week.
My reading room is a bit lovely and there is not even a sniff of satan in there anymore. I would take a picture but Jordan has my favourite camera and the batteries are dead in the other one.
We still haven't cleared all the halloween stuff away, can you believe it? It's almost cleared away and is at least in all the totes waiting to be put somewhere 'til next year but the totes are stacked in the kitchen, in the way. I think I may be clinging on to them because that's it for this year, no more decorating because at Christmas and the run up to it we will be away, on holiday.
I gave up on the phone calls to the travel agency, they kept telling me how busy they were and how they would get back to me... etc etc. I went shopping with Isaac and his dirty fingernails ( that I swear are clean at home and then ooze filth as soon as we are out and in public view) I walked past the travel agents and saw it was EMPTY, so I walked in and told them how excited I was that they were having such an unexpected slack moment and wouldn't it be great if we sat down and rebooked my hotel accommodation right NOW? SO that's what we did, we are now having 11 nights in the posh hotel and 10 nights at grandpa's and I am £734.10 richer thankyouverymuch. What a relief.NOW we can have some fun. The exchange rate is beyond fabulous for us at the moment too, $2.05 for every £1, double your money baby.
I had a melt down last night, always when everyone has gone to bed which is such a WASTE isn't it? What's the point of all that snot crying and hyperventilating when no-one is about to see it and pat your back and feed you chocolate. ( which is exactly what would happen in my dreams, but in real life....nothing, absolutely nothing except a startled look and a run for safety, I stopped even trying for sympathy a long time ago, found I ended up snot crying for whatever reason I was snot crying and then angry crying because does no-one give a damn in this house?? ) so I had a melt down and then cheered up because we have a time difference girls, that means that while everyone HERE may be sleeping, lovely friends in America are awake and ready to say all the right things and email me and sometimes even have a chat online. I love the internet. Also the lovely real people on the other end of the internet. I heart you all.
I am back to being itchy, darn it, last night and this today have been horrible, not helped by the fact that I am hopeless at remembering the meds in the morning. I take a variety of night time stuff so adding another one doesn't phase me but I have never taken any in the morning so I forget. Stupid to have forgotten today, part of the meltdown last night was that
' oh pleasedon'tletitbeflaringupagainohpleasenotagain!' thing, I am queen of the thinking the worst will happen for sure. Shame there isn't a prize for doing that because I would WIN for absolutely definite.

I told you about taking pictures for nice lady who paid me? What a palaver. We did the pictures in 3 stages, then I sat and did some editing and playing with them and today we ( meaning H) sorted through them, made new files, burned them and then he made ( he is so clever) sort of proof sheets so she can look and decide which ones to print.
I have not had fun doing any of it. The pictures are lovely, somehow the pressure of having been paid sucked the joy out and turned it all into SOMETHING THAT HAD TO BE DONE OH THE PRESSURE. So I hope she likes them and has fun getting them printed and stuff but also hope she does not recommend me to her friends! 10 days all in all to take, sort, edit and make ready. I don't think I will take it up as a career somehow!
I an not good at things that must be done. I just like to do things because I choose to do them, when it is a must..I turn into a sulking teenager like person and hate to do it and don't make me do it and you can't make me do it and oh all bloody right then I will do it. Like that.
Right, 11pm, still have much to do, better go and do it.
Am back.....took pictures because while I was procrastinating the batteries charged hoorah!
Reading room, all cosy and grown up looking, in need of pictures, curtains and things.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Stetch said...

BLEH! They had no right to all be sleeping while you were crying! Next time you freak out about something, if it's before 9:30pm here CALL ME. (If it's after I'm sure to be in bed LOL.)

NICE couches. VERY cool! ~ Christine

12:00 am  
Blogger TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Lovely room!

And I understand about doing something out of love versus for money...it sucks the pleasure out something fierce. I have a problem with authority and being told what to do and when to have it done by. Obligation is no fun!

3:45 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

OH I dislike days that drag. Of course, sometimes, they fly too fast, too. The Craft/Reading room looks beautiful. Someday, when i get a house, I shall call on you to decorate. You are so crafty and thrifty (In a very good way, i mean this, obviously.) I just don't have the patience for either, really. I wish i did. I admire it in others.

Anyway, glad to hear you were able to get your hotel stay rebooked and save some money. ANd yes, what a great exchange rate.

6:04 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

Too funny about him taking the clock off the wall. I've felt like doing that as well before.

Your couch and lamp look perfect for reading! I'm with ya on getting paid for something versus just doing it. Too much pressure sometimes!

8:25 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

The room looks great Helen. :) Don't let your landlady in now, she will try and sell it I bet!

Yay on rebooking the room! That is wonderful news about the spending money.

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the reading room is so lovely! You are talented at so many things, I'm so jealous. Wish I had been the one chatting with you last night. So boring here.

3:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home