Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thankyou Lord.

Every now and again, I will see something that halts time. Just for a second. It will squeeze my heart and my soul will take a picture. Those moments that you want to capture and hold onto and have as yours forever.
This was one of them today.....







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Little, still nearly baby legs, in baggy boxer shorts, tinyish feet in loose and droopy socks, on tiptoes waiting for a drink of milk.
My last baby, my last chance to grab these sights that pass too quickly.
These boys laugh at me when ~I exclaim in horror at their getting taller, growing older, losing teeth, discarding nunnies and comforters.
WHAT???? STOP! NO! STOP GROWING! They laugh and stand on tip toes and show me how HUGE they are. And my heart cries a little.
I didn't feel this way with the big kids because my heart knew there would be more. I gloried in the goals and growings of Daniel and Jordan and Sophie ( apart from the day she flatly refused white leather sandals at the age of 7. My heart cried that day because I sing at the sight of little girls in white leather sandals and ankle socks)
This time though, we're done. My baby growing bits are shrivelling as I speak, H's baby giving bits are snipped and safe ( sorry H, TM of your I for the world at large I suspect) No.More.Babies.
I know I will be a Nana and will love every second and I may perhaps ( probably) tell myself that without ME that little dot of perfection wouldn't be here, but I won't e able to look at catch that moment of sheer joy and tell myself that I made that.....look, clever me.
So today I stared at those little legs and feet and hugged the sight to my heart because he is mine. Thankyou Lord.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

You always capture such amazing photos. So beautiful!

7:46 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Love the little baby legs Helen.

And yes, I too treasure every moment I've been given with my last.

2:08 am  
Blogger zdoodlebub said...

Sweet. Love this post.

4:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home