Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oooooooh!

Look to the left! See that? ONE WEEK AND 0 DAYS! Jordan called AGAIN last night, well this morning, 1am. I had just gone upstairs to bed, ( I know, earlier and earlier every night it seems!) I have been taking the house phone upstairs with me, ( when we moved here I stopped having a phone upstairs, I lose count of the times my kids call just to chat just as I fall asleep, then I am awake for another who knows how many hours, I figure that if there is a real emergency someone will hammer on the door, no more phones in our bedroom) just in case Mel goes into labour in the night and I am needed as driver and/or interferer / hang arounder or even at the last minute, an impromptu doula, I could SO be a great doula. I could show Mel how to use the gas and air so it actually works and not just cause nausea.
side note, may be a lot of these**
I am brilliant with gas and air, after my surgeries I had such complications, I would need mini surgeries twice a day, opening and packing of wounds, debriding of nasty and horrible unhealing wounds etc I would be given a canister of that stuff and the nurses would toss coins to see who would do the procedure, so funny was I with a lung full of that magical laughing gas. Look mamby pamby half suckers, do it the right way! You get that nozzle,stick it between your teeth and then you suck in, huge gobfulls, and you don't let anyone touch you or even look at you until the whole world turns silver and disappears, and then they can do whatever they like to you and you won't feel a thing, contractions? Pah, I laugh in your face! Using a scalpel? Carry on dear fellow, invite your friends! They don't let you use gas and air in the US....meaners, not when you're having a baby, they don't. I remember the fear I felt when they told me that the day I was being induced with Seth....I had him without gas and air, without a single thing to help with the pain and that hurt, oh so much, there was much protesting and pleading with the Lord the day Seth came into the world, if I had had gas and air.....no worries. I had an epidural with Isaac because he was born 11 months after Seth and no matter what they tell you, you do not forget the pain that quickly, maybe you do but when faced with it again 11 months later you remember REALLY well and will ask for epidurals, drugs, cesareans, anything to avoid going through that again thankyouverymuch.
I really think I could be a doula, whether I could be of any use to Mel or not we will never know and I suspect I may be useless because I might just stand and blubber the whole time or I might just shout HURRY UP I want to SEE him. I almost wish that I wouldn't know she was in labour because I think the world will stand still and I will hold my breath until I hear that he is born and first labours can last so long. I don't know how Mel's mom can stand it, being in Turkey, missing these precious weeks and not being RIGHT here ready to rush and meet this glorious boy within minutes of his being born.
Oh Jordan was so touching yesterday when he told me that next week, on wednesday, if the baby isn't here yet, the midwife will sweep the memories. HA! Can you picture that? SWEEP.....well Melissa can you remember that? What about that time when .......??? Bless, Jordan often gets words wrong, he was known for it as a little boy and many of us still use the wrong words he used to use to this day, the sweeping of the memories will go down in our minds along with the many others he has made memorable.
It's late and so I am away to my bed, taking the phone with me, tomorrow is already here, another day gone and another day closer to the day that so many lives change and a new one begins, life, as they say, is grand.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I am SOOOO excited for you!!!

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes...gas and air. I had no other pain relief with Aidan. I had the gas and air but wasn't monitored so instead of taking the gas and air with ctx only...um...I was taking it with every single breath. I began to become insane whilst in b/w questions about candy corn and Mighty Mouse shrieking in pure horrible pain. Good times. Goooood times.

I am so excited for you hun. Not long now.

3:25 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Such an exciting time for you! Thank you for sharing your feelings with us Helen. :)

8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? where am I? Who's blog is this? I must of had my memory swept when I had Matthew!

Love you!
Cathy

1:27 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Just checking.. any grandbabies yet????

4:08 pm  
Blogger Stetch said...

bleh, I was OK with my second child w/ just the epidural--it pretty much worked, and it wasn't too long a labor anyway. But with my first, man I felt soooo much and the labor was 17-18 hrs long or so....what a horrible time I had of it. :(

So excited for ya'! Keep updating us please!

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home