Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Utmost joy.

Sometimes, little things come along that give us immeasurable joy. When you are 4 and pink is what makes you happy, finding a PINK tie, a HOT pink tie even, that you are allowed to wear to church, well, that would make a boy stand proud and pose for a photograph in the most serious and upstanding way.



The fact that, on closer inspection, the said tie is a HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL tie, well, joy just got doubled and we have to keep checking and then showing all and sundry that this is fact, no ordinary tie, pink or not. Undiluted joy, for £8. Marvellous.



The fact that this little boy, with his po face and his goofy teeth, his way of standing with his shoulders back and head high, looks more and more like his papa, who we miss so much it is a physical ache at times. That's when the joy becomes almost too much to grasp.

Photobucket


The squint of his eye and that look that seems to say they know a joke or two that they aren't willing to share yet, the way they can stare ahead and it is possible to read what is in their minds....

Photobucket

They were always the best of buddies,

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't think my dad will ever be far away while we have this little man in our lives. Someone tapped me on the shoulder at church today and said " Is Elijah just a tanned version of your dad or what?" Yes he is, and that could never be a bad thing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen a picture of your dad and I have to say Eli looks *just* like you dad!

Amazing!!

Hugs
Cathy

8:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking today the same thing. A woman came in to the restaurant and sat behind us. She reminded me so much of my grandmother I almost broke into tears. Those times are fewer and farther between now, it has been about 13 years she has been gone. Still the funniest things will make me miss her and the fact she wasn't here to enjoy Lyric and Nicholas is saddest of all. She would have just adored them, and they her.
Love, love, love that pink tie.

10:28 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

How wonderful that Eli has inherited so much of his grandfather. Your dad has such kind eyes, and I see what you mean about that joke that he's not willing to share yet. such lovely memories and pictures :)
j.

6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home