Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 10, 2005

Bloggers block!

Not a thing in my head for 2 days......apart from geraniums and trailing lobelia....I am at one with nature and potting, planting and watering and I have not a care in the world. I see myself in years to come with a raggedy old straw hat and dirt under my nails and gardeners knee ( would that be akin to tennis elbow do you think?) I find myself opening my front door to see if my fuscias have blossomed in the last half hour and look forward to 6pm when I can wander my garden with hose in hand and water my new babies.
I had to get new babies because my old one has learned to climb out of his cot.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh bloody old hecksters. Little fart, he's got a great big tall cot and he leaps out of it in seconds lowering himself down with the ease of a cat burgler. So, he's not a baby anymore he's a threat to sanity and a veritable thug. Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My puppy eyed brown baby is now a hooligan with freedom and not an ounce of conscience, he kept the other two awake til 9pm tonight....yes my sweet bubbity brown eyed boy who would snuggle down and slumber at 5.30 every evening has discovered the joy of staying awake.
He is part monkey I swear it, I have never seen such a little bloke swing from anything horizontal the way he does, accompanied of course by his own sweet voice bellowing " DET DOWN!" Sophie has a high sleeper, and he flies up the ladder and swings from the bars without a thought for my age or his father's heart conditionImage hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

..bunk beds are his speciality, whooooooiiiiiieeeeeeee can this kid swing it?! He leaps and jumps and crashes down and off he goes again, his other loves in life are to put things on his head or round his neck Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...saved to the last this boy, with deep brown droopy eyes, goofy teethed grin and the most wicked laugh you will ever hear he throws himself through each day with an army of doting admirers. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, my plants are my new babies, they don't pooh, they don't climb unless I plan for them to and they smell so SWEET! They add peace and tranquility to my day and are the perfect balance to life........how has it taken me so long to discover this joy? I shall hang on to it as long as I possibly can but somehow I don't think my new babies will ever quite be as fabulous as my other babies, no matter how quiet and pretty they are.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

Isn't that teh TRUTH! lol i do most of my gardening in the early AM while the twirps are asleep! LOL

2:13 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

He is so darn cute Helen! :)

I'm enjoying my flowers too. And the rain that falls so I don't have to water them! :)

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home