Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Phew.....I have a confession of sorts to make, quite a revelation to me too I have to say.
When we went away I forgot to take my antidepressant the last night we were there and then left the tablets behind, so for 3 days I missed my medicine, no kidding ( I'm sure you never noticed ) I crashed in the worst way. Now I have the good old chemicals back in my system I feel like a human being again instead of a raging lunatic. Scary to know that I am so reliant on these things but the past few days have certainly shown me that I am far from ready to battle life without that help!
Honestly, I never imagine H and I being such rattling druggies! He has a veritable chemists supply of post myocardial infarction, life supporting meds and I have my trusty mind calmers and some anti hystamines that calm my urticara ridden skin ( and so much of it I tell you, it's no mean feat scratching as much welt covered skin as I have if I'm not dosed up to the eyeballs!)
My beloved and I ( yes he IS beloved again now the meds are kicking in!) stand in front of our bulging medicine cabinet chucking back the various teeny pills to bullets and nothing cheers us more than a newly filled prescription or 12 showing us that as long as we stick to the regime all will be well in our world.
We have "Gaviscon moments" you know, very often we can be found having mutual burning in our gullets and smile lovingly as we pass the liquid gold that is our nightly tipple. It is with fondness that I remember that glorious day when he looked at me and said " Ahh look , I've got THREE bottles". Security indeed.
I bought H a nifty pill counter and it's his weekly treat to sit and fill those 28 little compartments so that through the next week he can keep track of his tablet consumption....never let it be said that WE don't know how to live it up!
I think we both have a sort of fantasy about when the boys are grown and we can have all our tablets lined up on a shelf in full view-- or better yet, on a doily with pride of place in the front room, so visitors can see just how fragile we are with our array of bottles and jars with clicky lids which we will have to call our grown children to open because by then we will surely have arthritic fingers to add to our illness resume.
Wish I had some wind-eze though, I have a feeling that without it H might be in for a rough night sharing a bed with me tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home