Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, July 15, 2005

When I win the lottery.

Because I am going to you know. I am going to do all kind sof things frivolous, sensible, charitable, spontaneous and grand. I am going to one thing completely fabulous and it is this.
I am going to hire out this place.......http://www.castlehoward.co.uk/metadot/index.pl and I am going to invite my many most glorious cyber friends. They shall come from all over the world, The states, Canada, Australia and anywhere else they jolly well feel like and I am going to BE the grandest and most divine hostess. Everything gloriously English, of course.
Full english breakfast...eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried bread, tomatoes, you name it we'll have it. NO ONE WILL DO ANY CLEANING UP OR HELPING OR SERVING.
Of course we will have cream teas at 4 o'clock.
We will visit more stately homes , parks, see the sights but most of all we will just glory in meeting each other. We will kiss each others completely perfect children , we will do that hideous squealing thing that I actually despise women doing but have the horrible suspicion that will happen regardless of how much I despise it.
We won't notice what anyone is wearing, we won't see if anyone is fat, or skinny, we will wear the smile that only comes when in the company of true and eternal friends.
Partners will of course be there too but they shall be free to stay or wander off and allow themselves the right to avoid the afore mentioned squealing thing. Children are obliged to come as it is a lifelong wish for me to see my boys with Jenn's boys and let the rest of the world go home feeling they had a narrow escape. There will, of course be such great child care that we will be totally free to sit and talk and laugh and cry while our precious darlings are entertained, fed and happy.
We will learn about how others live and what we can do to make life easier, happier, calmer for each other and those around us.
There is something about cyber friendships that is so totally different from friends met at work, school, church....somehow the boundaries are down, the pretences aren't there, the raw and unavoidable reality is just right there and yet somehow we still love and accept and even rejoice because we see how easy it is to accept whilst being so aware of all the frailties and imperfections.
I sometimes think that H is baffled by my time spent on the computer, to him it is a place to be when you need to look something up, learn, read, and indeed, it is. Apart from his brief and incredibly successful sojourn into computer dating where he met me and so was done with such necessities, he is completely at a loss as to what I gain from spending time here. ( although I suspect he is immensely grateful as without it I may well talk his brain out and make his ears bleed)
How did I live before I had a computer? Just 5 years ago I was scared to death of the very mention of it and here I am with the world at my fingers!
So people....put your name down on the guest list, my win is coming soon I feel it in my water...who's up for an English get together ? Gosh wouldn't that be truly splendid?
Oh Julie let me in on the fact that it is possible to allow anon comments, so, no need to sign up or open an account to leave a message....

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oops sorry.
Meant to say:
"Oh I am soooooooo there!"
>squeal!<

11:31 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

It's exactly as it sounds, revoltingly enough! Bread fried in the bacon fat! Deliciously disgusting.

6:34 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Pick Me! Pick Me! I need to be there to keep Jenn company on the plane ;)

Hugs

Julie

1:46 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

clotted cream is all part of the cream teas oh evil one and where ARE you anyway?! Is your house still in one piece? I miss you...

2:55 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well you know that I will be there faster than you can say "Bob's Your Uncle"!!

What a fabulous way to spend a lottery win (after all the bills are paid of course)

And I''d bring along the mini-destructo's too! They need a bit of culture hahahahaha - My boys having high tea with yours - They'd probably start a food fight - can you imagine? No squealing from me, but lots of hugging and cheek squeezing of the little ones. OK, Maybe a little shriek ;)

4:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta come seeing as I am the FRENCHIE! Oui Oui!

*Nonie*

6:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to come.
Erin

11:32 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

If this meeting hasn't happened already.....add my name to the list. I want to meet this "What a Woman".

12:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home