Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My money's not for coat hangers....A typical mothers whine.

Feel free to check any of the following that you recognise and feel equally disgruntled with.

Sophie...." I need coathangers, have you got any spare?"
me... " no, sorry but you get your money tomorrow so you can buy some"
" My money's not for coat hangers, they're BORING"
( which translated means, I deserve only to buy treats and pleasurable things with MY money, you can spend yours on coathangers for me. Sorry lovely girl, hang your clothes on the floor then)

Me, in my car needing to call Leah and check on Elijah....no credit left on my phone, not even 10p for text, there was £7 last time I used it.
Me, " Jordan....there is no credit left on my phone"
" Oh, yeah, I told Sophie I was going to give you a fiver for using that"
" Good, where is it?"
"I haven't got it"
Well matey, DON'T USE MY PHONE THEN!!

Me, sitting down, at last at 7pm.....
Seth...." oh I need a sandwich, I am SOOOOOO hungry"
Was he hungry while I was standing in the kitchen 2 minutes ago? Was he hungry when I handed him his dinner an hour ago?

Me to Sophie, having put Elijah down for a nap.
"Soph, I have to go and collect the others from church, watch Eli for me love"
"Wake him up, I am going out in 10 minutes"
"no, he's poorly and he is a baby, sleeping, you can go out in 20 minutes"
"*sigh* you are SO selfish.....you always expect everyone to change what they are doing to suit your plans" ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me to Jordan and friend.
"Jords, take that rubbish out for me on the way out please"
"yep"
Watch him paddle about for 10 minutes from kitchen..watch him make for door without rubbish....."Jords...rubbish"
"yep, ok"
watch him open door and step out.
"JORDAN!!!! Take the rubbish down with you please.
"SIGH" stomp....dump rubbish on TOP of bin, not in it.

Me, take hours to make boys room look a bit lovely and tidy and boyish and , well, just lovely.
3 boys take 3 minutes to make it look very unlovely and very untidy.
Me, tidy it again because just for one day I want to go in and kiss them while they sleep in a tidy room.

Me, trying to put one or the other of the boys to bed....one of the ones NOT going to bed will ALWAYS follow and whine or laugh or plead for a drink....is it so hard for H to keep the ones NOT going to bed in the front room?

Me, in front room...H in kitchen...boys will ask ME to get them a drink.

If I cut the sandwich in squares they want triangles, if I cut it in triangles they want squares, If I ask them how they want their bloody sandwiches they say " I don't want it cut"

When I get the boys to bed and H is at a meeting and I sit here whining about my life.....Sophie whines at me because she needs to be on here and I am so mean because I don't understand how MUCH she needs to be on here........Ain't life grand ? I still have some power and I can use it!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Kudos to you Oh Heavenly Queen of Your Household... You rule much better than I ever could!

I have mere two subjects and am already, after a scant 5 years of heading the household, wanting to bring back the stocks and rack!

Hugs

10:00 pm  
Blogger gav25 said...

you've made me look back and realise how much of a pain in the a**se I was then I was a toddler.

i'm gonna give my mum a big big hum when she get's home =)

thanks for sharing this.

Gav
Sydney, Australia

11:27 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I've been considering telling my 19 year old to buy her own personal items. I wonder how that will go over.

Oh the sandwich cutting thing, isn't that frustrating! I go through the same silly thing here.

10:55 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh I hear you on just about everything. Luckily though I don't have a cell phone (yet) and my boys are too young for that but my hubby acts like one of the boys sometimes! ;) I'm so glad I'm not the only one to get fed up sometimes!

4:27 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

absolutely beautiful rant! Well stated, and totally relatable! You sure do manage to parent your brood with grace, dignity and a good sense of humour. I'm tired of hearing "You're bad mummy" every time I tell them to do something they don't like.
I'm also guilty of cleaning Duncan's room more than once on the same day, so I can watch him sleep in a tidy room - if only for one night.....

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home