Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

One of those days.

What a hideous day, began with a monumental tantrum from Isaac over the fact that I cut his bloody sandwich in triangles and he wanted a manwich, not cut at all....somehow it hit my last nerve and I gave him back more than he gave me.....I have felt sick and ashamed all day, bless him, he snuggled me and said " oh nat awright" when I apologised but still, if only I could have kept the top of my head on and just made him a new sandwich......
All 3 have the snot factories working full time and the day ended with a spectacular puke from Eli (all over daddy.....thankyou my baby, mummy was so happy she didn't get it!)
Seth is going through a mouth as smart as his brain stage and I kid you not, it is almost impossible NOT to get into the trap of arguing with this pint sized genius with a mouth like a teenager.... I definately feel the need for an escape, some solitary time doing nothing and not hearing the fighting or whining, ahhhh what heaven that would be for 24 hours!
Elijah has, quite literally, been making his mark on the house...where does he find the pens and how does he manage to create such masterpieces when I swear we watch him? Does he sneak down in the night and cackle with devilish glee as he gives vent to his creative side? He is a bugger, solid gold bugger and fills every waking moment with naughtiness and fun. Even H, known for his eternal and at times, misplaced loyalty to his offspring, looked the boy in the eye tonight and said " hmmm, you can actually be a bit like hard work, can't you?" He was rewarded by a goofy grin and a snot wipe on the cheek
" Fankoo" said Elijah, obviously proud that his works haven't gone unnoticed.
Tomorrow just has to be better because 2 of them will be in school and the boy and I are going out for the day while H works wonders with the kirby shampooer....Lunch with the girls at 12.30 will be a treat with just Eli and Chloe the blond bombshell who is as busy as Eli and just as cute. Funny how 'just Eli' looks all wrong, there is nothing 'just' about the boy, he is enormous in spirit and capable of huge trouble. 'Just' Elijah my bum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my struggles with the kids. Honestly lately I swear I'm ready to pitch the both of them out with the bathwater!

Enjoy your day tomorrow!

4:27 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I too have lost it more times than I care to remember. :(

Today, Zachary asked for a peanut butter and jam sandwich with no crusts. So, because he has school today, I made it. About a half hour later (10 minutes from leaving the house) he said "I don't want peanut butter." Oh I wanted to explode, but I wanted him to go to school worse, so I made him a crustless plain jam sandwich he ate on the way to school. Little stinker.

Take care. It truly does happen to us all. :)

3:41 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Helen, My soulmate, my friend who I swear is on an identical path as my own - I KNOW!!! I have been absolutely LOSING it lately - yelling at them when they are on my last nerve. Today Duncan wanted pepper on his noodles, and I said no, simply because it was the 842nd thing he had asked for in the previous 3 minutes, punctuated with crying jags on why it was just impossible for him to eat his dinner. Matthew was too close, a noodle fell on the floor, I was in the way (trying to clean up the noodles on the floor no less) and I lost it on him. Why I cannot just be patient and give him the bloody pepper is beyond me. It wasn't a pretty scene.
Thank goodness they are both in school tomorrow, and here I am, up all hours of the night....
Have a lovely lunch with the boy, keep your wits about you, and know that I'll be napping gloriously whilst my own terror is scribbling all over the walls.

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home