Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hoorah for Santa

Not the fat one in a red suit but the one who arrived at midnight last night.
It was better than Christmas because when it's christmas people don't give you great stuff always. Sometimes you get presents that are just not quite right. Grandpa, however, brings the best stuff. No-one would ever give you ( correct me if I'm wrong of course) Tylenol blast for Christmas. I almost want to be a bit poorly because Tyleno Blast sounds so GOOD. It looks all warm and better making, I know a good slug of that when I have a head cold is going to make me float on a head stroking cloud of comfort. I want to tell you the best thing he bought but I have to leave that to last, it's the done thing after all.
There was fruit roll ups, marshmallows, corn nuts, cinnamon gum, socks ( oooooh ISAAC!!) disney t-shirts ( one aged 6 with woody from toy story on it..Eli has been wearing it in a sort of gangsta, come, I'll grow into this and I'm not taking it off until I do way. ) EGGO maple syrup ( 'cept I can't eat that, not with the yummy pancakes underneath) Such excitement ...... but the best, the VERY best thing, that nobody would ever give you for christmas, was ...a loaf of SOUR DOUGH BREAD! OH OH!!!! Toasted sour dough bread for breakfast, I had one slice. I wanted 5, perhaps 9, but I just had one. ( and now, when everyone is in bed I can imagine another slice, would it be churish to not eat it and rsk such treasure going to waste??) It was crunchy heaven. I think H might have wiped a tear from his eye.

I love having this man here. I am completely comfortable with him, I am thrilled that Kara is here too, we didn't get to know each other while I was in the states, we are making up for that and it's going to be FUN!

Today we went to a penguin place, the boys were a bit mental. I could feel myself turning into a stomping cross lady who wanted to bellow and then grab the three of them by their ears and tie them to a lamp post. How is it fun to just run like some demented whippet on crack? What did they see? Did they see the baby seal? Did they notice that dear little penguin that was waddling all on it's own, with no mummy or daddy amongst the humans? No, they didn't, they saw ( but ignored) the chains and the no entrance signs, they saw the back of the one in front's head, they saw a lot of windy little lanes and flashing fences. They almost saw the back of my hand on their bottoms. Then they saw the inside of the car and the door to the house because I simply couldn't bear to be in public with them a moment longer.
Tomorrow, we are driving to see Dan, in Bath. ( that's the place not the water filled relaxing thing) We will stroll through the beautiful city centre and the Roman baths, we will see the cathedral and shops. And we will see DANIEL. That'll be the best bit .
We're leaving early in the morning, I love to do that, I get excited by the smell of early summer morning. I am beyond tired today.....a nice feeling when it's because we have been so happily busy.

An example of how my mind works.
11.32pm, folding laundry..
" what shall I dress the boys in tomorrow? Shorts? Might rain....oooh IS raing, can hear rain, wow that's HARD rain, cosy in here, lucky me....was so hot today, had to open sunroof AND windows. Open sunroof, hmmmm don't remember shutting sunroof. Damn. Pretend didn't think about that.....too late DID think of it. Am in nice clean warm PJs, was going to bed early. Never mind, no-one will see, car is in back parking space. Oh is NOT in back, is on road out the front, main street. Is dark though and raining, heavy rain , no-one will see.
I have just walked down our road in my pyjamas. I did have an oversized umbrella and shoes. I think the day I go to the shops in my slippers I might know that all hope is lost, I don't think anyone saw me. Almost a shame really.

5 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Wow, the goodies just keep coming, don't they! I hate when I realize the windows are down in the car, AFTER it starts to pour!!!!

10:48 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

I can taste that sourdoh and my mouth is watering. Im hoprrible but I say eat it while you can girlfriend.
You have awsome willpower!
TAKE PICTURES!!!!
oh and i love love love morning air. Early morning with a cup of coffee (Or my yummolicious latte) in my hand. And im a happy girl....

HAVE FUN!

3:03 am  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I love being out in my PJ's. Then everyone knows that I'm really a country hobo girl and I don't have to pretend I fit into the suburbs anymore!! Glad you got time with your family. Take lots of pictures!

4:09 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Yay!!! So glad they made it safe and sound .. and with TREATS! Love Treats :)

Hugs

Julie

11:58 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'd eat the bread while I had it too Helen. :) It sounds good. I'm glad you are enjoying the treats brought by Grandpa!

We need rain, care to send some our way? My grass is beginning to resemble straw.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home