Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Six sleeps.

Only 6 sleeps til Halloween, Dan is so excited he almost had to be pinned down, except who woul dpin down a big boy who wants to do things to help and who has so much enthusiasm it made me weary? I just let him at it.
Here's what we have so far ( you are so not getting pictures until the party though because it will spoil it and it is good for people to read and visualise and use their imaginations and I can't be bothered to take any yet)
We have a PUMPKIN ROOM. The front room is all pumpkins, everything...pumpkins hanging and stuck and smelling ( white pumkin candles, yum smelling) we have lit up pumkins on the windows, we have jack o lanterns we carved on monday, we have ceramic lanterns and lantern door thingys that you walk through ( that'd be a door curtain, came to me after I typed thingys), we still have a lot of pumpkin things to put up but we also have Elijah who so loves to rip things down, and we have me, who is a spoilsport and said "lets not, lets wait for those" the door curtain is in that category.
We have a GHOST AND BAT HALLWAY, a ghost tree, ghost lights, bat hangings, black cats and BAT MATERIAL draped around the archwaythat looks so darn posh it makes me need a wee every time I go out there ( they are also pinned up high until next week..the Eli thing you know) we have foil bat hanging things to put up next week ( Eli) we have bat garlands to thread through the stair banisters and more bats to hang from them too ( ELI!!)
we have..wait for this.....A BLACK LIGHT ROOM!! YES..black light and a room full of glow in the dark stuff, chains and skeletons and spoooooooky stuff, more material , black see through stuff with bones and stuff on, draped over the top of the bed, enough black material with the coolest bright blue foil like skulls on to cover the bed, glow in the dark spiders, ghosts, teeth ..loads of glow in the dark teeth to fix to curtains and hang and stuff.

WE have bloody clings ons that sick to doors and woodwork and mirrors, so we have blood splatters everywhere you look...
Dan and I had to keep smacking each other when we were out because his rent is due and so is mine and we were standing in front of a SMOKE MACHINE that we both needed, really NEEDED and were trying to justify but couldn't..yet....we can go back and get that on monday when the rent is paid and we have still managed to eat and have light and stuff. Huh, selfish Sophie, she had money and just bought clothes, ugh no idea some teenage girls, who wants a top that makes you look beautiful when you can have a smoke machine??? Brat.
We have surgical gloves that we are going to fill with water, we are freezing some to make hand ice cubes for punch and we are hanging some in the kitchen doorway so you get wiped in the head with clammy hands when you walk through that low doorway. ( we did have twice as many but Seth and Isaac had water fights with them yesterday, fun.)
We have see through plastic cups that will have green and orange jelly with teeny jelly babies in and frogs. We have green bread rolls that will have cheese in the middle and in the top we can make a slice and shove a slice of ham in to look like a tongue.
We will have hot dogs, chopped in half, wrap a slither of tortilla round one end and a glob of ketchup on the other and it looks like a chopped off finger.
We'll have all the cupcakes and cookies and cool sweets and marshmallows........I am so excited!! Can you tell??
The rest will have to wait until next week because I think we haven't thought about it yet......
OH!! OH!! My costume, I am going to be so fabulously fabulous. I am HELLSBELLS ITS HELLOWEEN. I have black clothes, with bright orange netting to make myself a fantabulous pumpkin over skirt, an orange and black hairpiece, pumpkin scrunchies, I have a choice of either Lo's rotten teeth or get this, you know those things you get that glow when you bend and crack them? I found teeth...I could have glowing teeth!!
I also have cow bells to hang around my neck . HELLS BELLS!!

8 Comments:

Blogger JEFFY said...

WOW MUM~ I WANT TO BE THERE SOOOO BAD! YOURE SO CREATIVE, SOOO WOPNDERFUL! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT ALL AND I LOVE YOU! KISS YOUR BOY

12:47 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Dang it, I so want to come.. Please take lots of photos...I am excited for you. Sounds like you have thought of everything. I so wannna come..

1:21 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Wow Helen! You know how to do Halloween! :)

I haven't put up anything yet! Partly because of my nervous boy, but partly because I just haven't done it yet! :)

It sounds like it is going to be so much fun! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

1:39 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Now that's halloween! Can't wait to see all the pictures! I have to admit, there isn't a single sign of Halloween in this place. Well, except Makenneh's baby pumpkin she picked at the pumpkin patch.

1:53 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

HELLSBELLS!!! Im so excited for you! What a wonderful time you will have! Take lotsa pictures!!!!

-Lo

2:07 pm  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

We HAVE the smoke machine...$40!!

And it rocks and does spooky sounds and lights too!!!

12:26 am  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

We HAVE the smoke machine...$40!!

And it rocks and does spooky sounds and lights too!!!

12:26 am  
Blogger dawn! said...

i love your costume! inspired by lo huh?? ha ha!

5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home