Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Nothing seems so bad.....

.....when the sun shines does it? I am a secret ( actually not very secret) sun worshipper, I strongly suspect that given the time I would be one of those lovely leathery ladies who look conker brown and a bit scary because they pooh-pooh any idea of sunscreen and slather on coconut oil and do nothing but sit in the sun and frazzle.
I simply love it....I had a brief affair with sunbathing just before I met H. the 3 kids were older and walking to school on their own and my sister Jane and I would screech through the unavoidable housework and sit out in my garden with cold drinks, magazines and music ( Wailing Whitney and Celine Dion if I remember correctly....wail wail, warble a bit, wail wail shriek.......I am getting old, my ear drums panic at the very memory of such music now )
These days I feel obliged to actually being doing something whilst out in the sun but the worshipping is still there in it's own sweet way.
It's a bit ironic that now I am so substantial and far too frightening to wear a swimsuit I go brown at the drop of a hat....when I think of the futile hours of my youth spent in an effort to be bronzed when I would have looked a bit drop dead gorgeous in a bikini and would only occassionally manage a light beige colour! Now I walk around like a farmer's wife with no effort at all! ( perhaps it because the sun can't avoid me as I take up so much space and the coming up for menopause sweating must surely have a hand in it too!!) anyway, I am thankful for small blessings as brown fat is so much more attractive than white fat and I shall worry about wrinkles later.
Anyway when the sun shines I am lifted into a happy place, to have windows open and the boys running out in the garden, eating outside, the very smell of summer and of course my garden, life is infinitely improved....even if nothing else has actually changed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

self confessed sun worshipper here too. How my blond blue eyed boy manages to tan better than I do (a brunette) is beyond me....I imagine that sunlight shining through a watery mist created by the almighty nozzle must have some unique amplifying tanning powers.

7:03 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home