Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Turned out nice again.

It is, I have to say one of those days that promise nothing will go wrong. The sun is truly un- English in it's strength and determination and we have done a plethora of saturday activities.
Car boot sales this morning and we truly quenched our thirst for bargains and rooting through other peoples' junk.
Marvellous.
I filled the boot of the car with plants and beautiful things grown and loved by other people. I'm sure that plants bought having been grown by other plant lovers in their greenhouses and potting sheds grow happily and more plentiful than poor specimens bought at 'bring 'em on, chuck 'em out, sell them for as much as you can get' garden centres.
( I think when I am breeding dogs, I will probably sing to my plants too)

This afternoon was the school summer fete, something to dream about for weeks and rarely a disappointment. Scorching hot, smelling of hot dogs and burgers, folk dancing by year 4 at 2.45pm. We went in fire engines and ambulances, bought warm cola ( the english are great, it never occurs to us that it really might actually be hot, so of course who would think of ice buckets? No-one ever seems to mind - except H, raised in California and known to root through soda fridges muttering than none are cold enough.)
We bought candy floss, I wish I'd had my camera .... Imagine Seth and Isaac as they are offered this treat....both with hands up in true terror..."Oh nooooooooooo. oh nooooooo!" wicked, wicked mummy trying to get them to eat this stuff, we poked it, sniffed it, licked it, watched gramma, auntie Julie, auntie Leah and her friend Heather eat some and then like terrified little mice they tried it! Very good.......and we threw it away so they could go on the bouncy castle.

Dinner was baked salmon with avocado salad out in the garden with some ice cold fizzy water. Life is good, so far today,to top it all we have a Jethro video to guffaw at this evening. Hooray for the nice days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

sounds like a lovely perfect day.
I had to LOL at the cotton candy though because Duncan won't try it either. Matthew licks everything, so he enjoys it....
I have to go with H on the cold drinks though. Warm Cola -blech!

jenn

5:22 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That sounds like a wonderful day Helen. :) Enjoy! :)

My 13 year old didn't like cotton candy when he was little as well. He likes it now though.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Ahhh heaven.. the kind of day that makes you look back and smile for years to come.

Julie

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home