Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Heavens, could it be true?

I am going out tomorrow, all day..to have FUN! I am meeting up with a friend from forever ago, we nursed together and shared a flat together and all these years later we are still friends.
We are meeting, in rather a clandestine type of way, on Plymouth Hoe, by the lighthouse!!
http://www.beautiful-devon.co.uk/plymouth.htm

She has a mazda sports car with soft top...how glam is that? No wriggling ankle biters you see, two very independant and leavable big people and a conservatory, so Mandy can have a flash car and I shall be flash in it tomorrow ( and not give the thought of knotted curly hair in tangled matts around my ears a thought..I shall pretend I am sophisticated and lean back with my face in the sun while we watch the seashore whizz by, although if I have my face in the sun I shan't see very much of anything really will I?) I shall park my hulking great 14 year old 7 seater in the nearest car park and lock my jaded mind in with the car seats.
My Jordan gave me a veritable fortune of £50 to spend on a fab lunch or whatever I like and do you know, I do believe that I will indeed not think about anything dull or worrying tomorrow and just have a great day. My soul feels in need of a great day..did you know the soul can get weary? It can and mine is.
I think I remember being 19 and being Mandy's friend...but good heavens how long ago was that? How many lifetimes have I lived since then? I wish I knew how to write a book, my life has been so full and so different to the way I planned it and the way I imagined it way back then . I was saving myself for all the special things that were sure to be mine. *sigh*
I've had a less than perfect day today, frustrated and tired I said things to H that were probably best left unsaid, not constructive and not even kind. In my defence I was provoked and we are both so worn out by lack of sleep and the endless crying that is going on here with so much illness. I have reverted somewhat to the miserable me and fear that I will slip...that can't happen if I don't let it can it? Maybe if I can get some sleep tonight and recharge my batteries tomorrow it will all seem brighter. Here's hoping!

4 Comments:

Blogger Caryn said...

I love your writing Helen. So beautiful!! As are you, my friend!

12:29 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I think you write just fine Helen. :) I'd be first in line for your book. ;)

Have a wonderful day tomorrow! I love to see my girlfriend from high school. We talk about the silliest things and giggle like little girls.

Julie

3:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen, I should be getting on with millions of jobs but I am sitting at this computer with tears rolling down my cheeks....what a lovely way with words you have. You have to start writing a book today. You are one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met and although today you have made me cry you usually make me laugh my socks off. Love to you and all your lucky family. XXXXX

8:40 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Is there any way you could have your blog published? What a fine book it would be!

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home