Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Cultural refinement at your local council tip.

What a day ! I love days where I am caught off guard by the unexpected, today was one of those days.
I am a regular visitor to our local tip...it has a recycling center where you can buy fabulous things that other people throw away, heaven ! It has to be said that this particular recycling centre is a cut above most and the man who runs it is very proud of how well the scheme works. As time goes by we are somewhat agog at how much he loves his work and it is more and more a pleasure to peruse the goods and find a bargain.
Today, Paul surpassed himself, as I was wandering around the section that has lamps, mirrors and various other household goods I was overwhelmed with emotion..due entirely to the fact that being played, as loudly as is necessary for total enjoyment, was the most splendid music, I am pretty sure it was Ti Amero, found on an album called 'Il Divo'.
I found myself standing still, with goosepimples, forgetting for a moment where I was. The absurdity of the moment wasn't lost on me, standing amongst discarded bits and bobs, with grimy workers in flourescent jackets, listening to such stirring music. I shouldn't have been so surprised as last week, while in the clothing / linen part, Paul, who is tall and very manly, shaven head and if I'm honest a bit gorgeous in his dusty work environment, looked over the partition and said " hey..GREAT leopard skin coat! when did that come in?" Slightly bemused by his saying that I looked up to see him leap the boundary, pick it up and gaze at it longingly. " Fabulous drag coat that is, "
" Aha", said I " letting your secrets out now!"
" Nothing about me is a secret love"
Well blow me down with a feather! So quite why I would be amazed at being so entertained and uplifted whilst in his company is a mystery. I think I will visit more often and who knows, before long we may be treated to cucumber sandwiches and pots of earl grey tea.
Isn't life just splendid when it throws such unexpected and delightful moments at you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

He sounds like quite a Character! It makes the day better when you meet such interesting, and entertaining people, doesn't it?

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home