Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

probably dull musings.

How pitiful is it that I have nothing of blogworthy value? For bloggers that's very dull but for real life it means that things are just tickety boo and no complaints.
Isaac continues to love school and is happy .... his teachers are happy with him but are longing for him to use a voice above a whisper, he mouths his words or whispers so quietly that to hear him in a class of 28 4 and 5 year olds is impossibe, we have tried bribing him to use his home voice at school and feel free to use the whispering one here but alas he has yet to take us up on the offer!!
The house remains our dream and even the troll under the stairs appears to have gone deaf / insane or both with the noise, either way it would seem he has given up banging back in retaliation. I had a neighbourly stroll around our 'hood' yesterday taking a poll on whether the teenagers disturb the peace too often with the nightly competetion to see how many of them can fit into Jordan's room, the very next door neighbours were quite tactful in saying "hmmm sometimes, they do" but seemed to walk with more of a spring in their step when I assured them that I would make it my goal to silence them, failing that I would disturb them ( the teens not the neighbours) at 6am the following morning every time.
Last night there were 18 teens in J's room at 3am, taking the pee pee if you ask me, especially when I saw they had drunk the entire new milk carton I had bought ..... at least Sophie stopped them eating the contents of the fridge. I took J shopping when he got paid and had him stock HIS fridge with goodies and pay for it all....funny to see him go for the very foods he has been handing out so freely, only to see him say again and again "HOW MUCH?..do you know how much that makes each one cost??" I so hope this means he will remember and leave the stuff I buy alone! ( at least not feed the 5.000 with it!)
Elijah baby is divine, having learned that "shut a mouff" is unacceptable, he has found a way to keep saying it... " 'Lijah a dood boy, I no say Shut mouff " Hoorah for being a good boy. We are spending some precious time together and every moment is heaven, the day goes so quickly and we are back to mayhem and noise worthy of pretective ear muffs before we know it. I am often quite emotional when I realise how quickly these three little men are growing, I so hope I manage to grasp the greatness of this time, I would hate to find myself looking back and wishing things were different.
I find that I am trying harder to fit in the things I missed doing with the big ones, I never could do the after school things with them as there was no-one to look after the ones not going to ballet or karate etc.....Seth has started Taikwondo ( did I write that properly? I bet he could tell me if it's wrong!) He adores it, H stays with him and this evening we pursuaded Isaac to go, he was too "fraid" to join in but H said he watched every minute and we intend for him to go along each week in the hope that he will slowly join in.
So, all in all things in the house of Helen are pretty damn OK, for which I am truly grateful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

ah, it's actually rather nice to have everything tickety boo once in a while. It's such a rarity, that when it happens, why it's positively blogworthy! So glad that the wee ones are making life so joyous for you, and Jordan is learning a valuable lesson on the cost of snacking, and providing snacks for the rest of his friends! Maybe they should all take up a little nightly collection to put into the 'munchie pool'. Start charging admission to his room - don't know if that will actually cut down on the numbers or if it will make it all the more attractive - like a private club.

3:30 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Not pitiful at all Helen. :) It is great to hear all is well at your house.

Maybe after a little more time Isaac will use him home voice at school. Zachary has just started to do that at school and his teacher is very happy about that.

18 teens? I can't imagine how much food they can eat! I think Jenn has a great idea with having them pitch in for their treats.

12:26 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

It's so wonderful to see someone enjoying their littlest ones so much. Sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up in the day to day problems but you seem to find the time to enjoy the little things. Good for you!

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 teens at 3am....! Why aren't they home in their own rooms?? Just a question. I would think the noise of the phone ringing by parent's looking for their teens would be a disincentive. Don't they have school or jobs to get up for??

Sorry I just got stuck on that part of your entry. Glad everything is going so well in your new house.

Deb

5:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Jenn's idea, perhaps Jordan should charge admission to his room or start a snack pool. I remember my mom used to keep a huge mixing bowl full of snacks on the kitchen counter for us teens to snack on (everything else was off limits)...she had all kinds of yummy things in there and told us we could drink all the water we wanted.

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home