Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

An entry in which I may not sound like I like children or husbands much.

awwwwww, bless, sleeping children..in my bed, where I'm not, because they have shoved me out. Again.














hey, Eli is sitting up...Seth is still sleeping, mummy isn't, daddy gave up hours ago and went downstairs ( hmm not as green as he is cabbage looking it would appear)














Oh look, there's my Isaac, he had been under the covers because Eli was shoving him out ( and the little one said ROLL OVER!)















WHO TURNED ON THE LIGHT?!?!?



And that is how today began, somehow not the best beginning as it feels like a massive silent fight, somehow 2 in with me is snuggly and cosy ...when the third one gets in they are like a seething mass of maggots and whining ones at that. The fact that I was sleeping with Robin ( much nicer than Batman in all that rubber) and Woody ( softer than Buzzlightyear I find) didn't make it any more exciting, or cheery.....just grumpy and weary.



I took my littlest bloke to gymnastics and that was, truthfully the most glorious part of my day, it was so touching and exciting and just heavenly that I am taking him twice a week in order to a) wear him out. b) watch him lift his arms and say " hepp me lady" when he needs help. My only child out of 6 that is unafraid and trusting enough to enjoy people he has just met. Sophie was unafraid but scarey, she trusted too much and made a nuisance of herself with anyone and everyone, I had to watch her like a hawk to make sure she didn't leave with one of her imaginary friends and hitch a ride in a passing truck.
c) watch his face when he actually believes that he is being told to run, jump and throw things...his most favourite pastimes and the very ones which guarantee a stern "DON'T" all day long.
He was quite fabulous and fearless and a bit cuter than a cute thing, even when he was picking up the hoops that all the other kids were trying to throw beanbags through, I'm sure he was just trying to help after all.

Had a nice lunch with the girls and eagerly informed my husband, you know, the one without a romantic cell in his body that the Valentine's menu is fantastic and the setting is beautiful...... face like a slapped arse and a "when is it?"
" well, funnily enough, its on valentines day, February 14th, as normal, which is tuesday" and off I skulked muttering to myself about how a bit of romance wouldn't kill our marriage blah blah. mutter blah.

Oh sweet story..picture this.
Mum 60 something, can't remember....stomach bug, nasty one that is closing schools and threatening to engulf the county in puke.
Dad 70, bad back, sciatica, loves mum.
Leah 40 years younger than mum, so 20 something and lives at home.
Mum pukeing, in most violent nature, dad ( who loves her more than I love anyone because I could never do this for anyone, ever) standing behind her holding her stomach and head.
Mum, in between bouts of turning inside out, managed to murmer " Oh Roger ( loving dad and husband ) your back is hurting"
Leah, hearing this came into bathroom and held dad to support his aching back.
Is that a sweet tale? Must have looked like a version of the conga worthy of "The Exorcist" but such love is rare these days. I hear that Bobby Brown helps Whitney Houston when she is constipated in a very tactile and practical way, somehow I don't feel quite so moved by that image. Perhaps it's just me.
Anyway, long and somewhat grumpy making day ( with the exeptoin of gymnastics for toddlers, marred fleetingly by having to be a horse and let Elijah ride me around the gym, had to consciously forbid myself to imagine what the daddy horse behind me was thinking whilst faced with my colossal backside in his face, just hoped he was keeping eyes down and thinking of green pastures) is over and I am off for a lovely shower and some good telly. I'm not even going to read through this for spelling and grammatical errors, enjoy my hopelessness... should you see evidence of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

(((HUGS)))

I bet the guy looking at your behind wanted to smack it and yell YEHAW! You're a babe Hel, weather you think so or not.

I totally get you on the "IM SO SICK OF SHARING MY BED" Thing. Which i know you didn't yell it, but i did.

I find myself sleeping on the couch more often than not...well that is until i smooshed emma in bed with her big bro.

((Nother hug))

6:57 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sarah's been climbing into bed with me lately. Gunther gives up and leaves. How can 1 five year old take up too much space in a friggen KING sized bed big enough for 5 people????

UGH

Hugs

6:24 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

we had the bed hogs taking up all the room this morning too. Amazing how these wiggly giggly tiny little mites manage to take up more room than my 6'2" husband! They are actually having no telly today, and no sugar, in a desperate attempt by me to teach them that there are consequences to waking up mama bear at 6:00am! I've put them to work vacuuming and picking up, and my house has not looked this clean in a long time! Pity they have school tomorrow and I shall be forced to putter around my tidy house, spending my time as I choose, perchance to even read, or have a game of tickle with the sweet Joey boy, that isn't marred by the others jumping on my back and crushing the wee one in the ensuing ruckus!.
Still, your little boys are adorable - bed hogs and all - there is something adorable about little feet paddling in and wanting to snuggle up between mum and dad in the morning.
I'm hoping for a kitchen renovation for Valentines day - we'll see - Chris knows I'm on a diet, and that chocolate is right out - but he'll get some anyway - because it's his way of showing love, and God bless him, he may not show it the way I want, but he does love me, as do my kids, and that is immeasurable to me, and makes my blahs go away in a heartbeat. Well almost in a heartbeat - Mama bear does not take kindly to being woken up early....

6:56 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

The very first we night we had our new bed, we had an intruder. I think he wanted to sleep there too! He calls it our bed! In fact he calls it our room. ;)

Your parents (yucky as it sounds) sound very sweet Helen. I hope H somehows remember what day Valentines Day is.

2:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen I will never be able to think of a Conga line again without thinking about puke and well Whitney and Bobbie well I don't ever want a man to love me that much.

5:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home