Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Sourbombs and wobbly legs.

It's valentines day isn't it? I am thrilled that H and I both remembered despite being so sleep deprived and living amidst what should be a form of torture for undercover torturing people. 3 children with horrible virus ( read that as 'nothing we can do', get on with it) things that render them unable to communicate in anything other than a wail or whine, have them sleep all day and scream and or cough all night, 'wobbly leg' virus it should be called, none of them can walk properly, Eli has bursts where he feels the need to jump from the furniture but then cry because it hurts, Seth and Isaac are cutting out the jumping middle man and just crying...and crying and whining and moaning and crying some more. Rather bizarrely they decide around 5pm that boxing is just what they need to do, I have been very firm and said an absolute NO tonight, last night was a spectacle to behold, Jordan even filmed it and if we ever work out how to get it from regular camcorder to PC I will certainly share it with you....this evening we are avoiding anything that might cause distress later, to me that is, like at 3am when they have been taking it in turns to cry about owie heads.
So, Valentines day,I bought H a veritable feast of supersour sweets from an on line shop called a 'quarter of' supersour sherbet bombs and supersour cherry suckers are 2 of the things I bought, makes me dribble even writing about it, how anyone can actually eat this stuff and say it's good beggars belief, but that's love for you I suppose, buying something you'll never steal or share because the one you love likes it! I had flowers, which may seem a bit ordinary to some, but from my husband it is indeed a treat and a rare one at that.
I feel a bit jaded to make too much fuss of valentines day, actually having a stubborn nature I also think I mind being told what day to be smooshy. Of course growing up, valentine's day was painfully important, always a disappontment ( apart from one year when I had a rose delivered and convinced myself it was from the one true love of my life...... I think I was 17) These days I tend to hold my breath for Sophie, who outwardly appears not to care whether she gets anything or not...how can any 16 year old not care?
Sophie has a trial day for a job this week, hooray! What a dream for her to be working and earning her own money. The shop is a cool sort of gift shop just around the corner, I'm sure she'll love it. She and I are friends lately, I love being friendly with her and hope that the good times soon far outweigh the rotten ones as she grows up.
Brat camp is on at the moment, funny to watch it know that she was 'invited' to be on it, part of me would have loved to see how such hardship in the Utah wilderness would have taught and shaped her. Watching what total nightmares the girls are that actually did go helps me see that Sophie, even at her worst, could always have been more revolting! My favourite thing about Sophie is her absolute honesty, she tells me everything even if it is something that makes my hair frazzle and my brain run for cover ..... she has a naivity that is both touching and terrifying. ( on that thought, I hope she DOES tell me everything because if the things she IS telling me are the things she thinks are mild enough to share.....let's leave it at that and live in a simple world of make believe that there isn't anything she leaves out.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I want flowers, but not today. :) On a plain old day when I'm not expecting them is a good day to get them. :)

You are right, our homes sound similiar lately. I just can't wait for next week when three of them are home full time!

And I don't like sour anything either. Give my yummy chocolate and I'm a happy girl.

1:39 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home